There are many ways to keep your mobile bills down and we’d like to share some of them with you now so you don’t get ripped off going forward. Some of this stuff seems so obvious, but we lead such busy lives we can forget to check our accounts. So here are 10 things to help you keep your accounts in check.
Dont Exceed Your Monthly Minutes
• Are you going over your minutes? Maybe a higher tariff would work out cheaper because exceeding your monthly minutes can be putting a real dent in your pocket. It may be £5 more but the cost of going over your minutes maybe much higher. Some networks have a number you can call to see how many minutes you have left, to stop you going over your minutes.
Don’t Exceed Monthly Texts
• The same with your text messages as with your talk time munites. Many of the networks have unlimited text bundles now. Remember when texting from abroad back to the UK or vice versa there is a cost.
Double Check Freephone Numbers
• 0800, 0845, 0870 numbers etc, the networks charge for these and double checking before you dail can be one of the best ways to keep your mobile bills down.
Remove Extra Services
• Get rid of services you do not use like for games or subscriptions for random services etc. You might even want to reduce the talk time of number of texts you have available if you’re coming in well under your monthly limits.
Use Messaging Apps
• You can install Instant Messaging applications on your phone to cut down on your texting. AOL, Instant Messenger, Google Talk, Skype all provide IM packages. So if you have friends that you talk to a lot it can be easier, cheaper and more fun to send a message via IM
Look Out For Hidden Fees
• There are lots of fees networks will try and sneak onto your bill hidden fees, changing plans, mobile web, Blackberry plans, early termination fees, insurance, and so on. Keep an eye on it.
Remove Extras That Aren’t Free
• Get rid of any data services that are not free or included in your package. And when you go abroad with your Blackberry, you may have free data services here in the UK, but they are not free when you travel abroad. You can always use your Blackberry PIN number for free.
Use Your Free Internet Access
• Don’t Call for Information, if you have free internet access from your phone, look for it. A quick call to information can cost you up to a £1.
Don’t Use Paid Apps
• Lots of Apps are free, so cut down on buying them, they may seem cheap, but it can add up.
Check Your Bill Every Month
• Check your bill each month; The times I have found a £10 charge PER MONTH on my account for something I didn’t order or use? Check your account for any charges you feel are not right.
Other Ways To Keep Your Mobile Bills Down
So that’s our list of 10 ways to keep your mobile phone bills down. Hopefully they’ll help you save money for the things you really need to spend it on. And whilst you have your network on the phone, ask them for a better price, ask about promotions, new plans, or other things that could make your bill cheaper.
Hope it helps!